NAUTILUS CCF AND NV MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS:
- After each outing in salt water, remove the spool and wash down the spool and housing/hub to remove sand and grit.
- Let dry, and replace spool on housing.
- If the reel is submerged, do the same steps (1 and 2).
- Feel free to sporadically apply medium-to-heavy all-purpose grease, such as superlube, to the top of the hub.
NAUTILUS FWX MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS:
- After using the reel, always separate the spool from the housing and let it dry before storage.
- Always remove sand and grit after use.
- If submerged in salt water, separate the spool from the housing and thoroughly rinse the housing and spool. Apply rust preventing oil or light grease to the one-way clutch at the top of the center hub.
- Sporadically oil/lube the one-way clutch at the top of the center hub.